Jul 2, 2009

Were Engaged!


It’s official we are now engaged and happier than ever! We are so excited to spend the rest of our lives together and look forward to our upcoming wedding. We decided that we should write and share with everyone about how the proposal went. Exactly one year ago yesterday, July 1st, marks the first day we met at the movie theatre and I wanted to do something special. So I talked with Christine’s mom and gathered up pictures from the many things we have done over the past year. My plan was to take Christine up on a hike, which was disguised as a fraternity picnic and there my friends James, Preston, and Mike would have everything laid out, our pictures surrounding a large picture of the Salt Lake Temple, covered in rose petals. All day I was excited to take her on the hike but started to worry as the weather went from bright and sunny to gray and rainy. I came to her house and picked her up and we were on our way! Well it started to rain a little but just sprinkling by the time we got to the trail head. James had texted me telling me that if it started raining hard to take her out to dinner and he, Mike and Preston would set up at my house, plan B. Well as we started to walk up the trail it started to pour. So I told Christine that it would probably be better that we turn back and I could take her out to dinner. So I called James and told him it was starting to rain too much so I was just going to take her to dinner and maybe we could do the “picnic” another time. So we left and went to dinner. As we were sitting at dinner my friends had scrambled down the mountain all wet with everything and had gotten back in the car and raced down to my house. They went to my house and talked with my mom who walked them down to the basement and the four of them all helped and set everything up perfectly. Back at the restaurant, James texted me and let me know everything was ready and I was scrambling to think of an excuse to go to my house. Thankfully we had ordered way too much food and I suggested that we could stop off at my house and put some of this in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. She agreed. We came in the house set the food down and were eating a bread-stick that made me “very thirsty”. I told Christine that I needed a drink of water and wanted a water bottle (we keep them all in the fridge in the basement) so we walked downstairs. As we rounded the corner there it was all set up,Christine was shocked she hadn’t expected it, which was exactly what I was hoping.



I walked her closer and explained that it had been a year since we met as we looked over all of the pictures. Then I got down on my knee and asked my best-friend to marry me. We are so happy and feel so blessed to have found each other. I am so grateful for Christine, she means the absolute world to me and I want her to know that I will always love her!

3 comments:

  1. Hey guys! We love your blog! What a cute way to propose! We are so happy for you guys. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete